Sfouf, A Lebanese Turmeric Cake
SFOUF - A LEBANESE TURMERIC CAKE
3 cups flour
2 tbsp tahini
2 cups milk
3 tsp baking powder
3 cups semolina flour
2.5 cups granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and grease the pan with tahini.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except sesame seeds.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry mixture and whisk until everything is well-combined.
4. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and decorate with sesame seeds and nuts.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve with coffee or tea.
- Add more milk as needed to get a more fluffy texture.
- If tahini (sesame paste) is not available, replace it with oil to grease the pan.
- Instead of sesame seeds, you can decorate with cashews, pine nuts or almonds for a fancier look and richer taste.
- To make it vegan friendly, replace milk with almond milk.
Leave your comment