1 green zucchini
1 yellow zucchini
1 Japanese eggplant
2 tsp olive oil
½ tsp garlic
1. For piperade, roast the red peppers until skin loosens, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel and chop finely.
2. Combine oil, minced garlic and onion and cook until softened. Add peeled and diced tomatoes, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer over low heat until very soft and very little liquid remains, about 10 minutes; add peppers and simmer to soften them. Add salt to season.
3. Heat oven to 300 F degrees. Spread the piperade at the bottom of the pan and arrange the thinly sliced vegetables over it.
4. Mix garlic, oil, and thyme leaves, salt and pepper and sprinkle over vegetables. Cover pan with foil and bake until vegetables are tender about 2 hours. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.
5. For vinaigrette, take a tablespoon of piperade from the baking dish, combine with oil, vinegar, herbs salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle vinaigrette around over vegetables and serve.
- You can replace Fresh thyme with dried thyme.
- Can be served warm or cold.
No comment at this time!