Greek Feta Salad
AUTHENTIC GREEK FETA SALAD
4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 small cucumbers, sliced into half moons
1 large green thinly sliced bell pepper
1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup kalamata olives
5 ounces feta cheese, cut into chunks or cubed
1. Mix these 4 ingredients in a large bowl: Tomatoes, cucumbers, green bell pepper, onion & olives.
2. Prepare the dressing in a mason jar or bowl: Combine the olive oil, vinegar, dried oregano and thyme. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Shake or whisk together until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad. Give it a little toss.
4. Top with feta cheese. You may drizzle a bit of olive oil, oregano or thyme.
- Keep it simple. Don't add lettuce or any other fresh greens. The authentic Greek Salad is made of 4 base ingredients: Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and cheese.
- Do not crumble the feta cheese, keep the in big chunks.
- The classic version requires Kalamata olives but if you don't have any you can replace them with any kind.
No comment at this time!