1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
2 tbsp honey
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set it aside.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add honey and beat for one more minute. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl occasionally. On medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract and beat. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Add the yogurt and beat until combined. Add the other half of the dry ingredients and beat slowly or fold by hand just until combined. Do not over mix – the less you mix, the lighter the bread will be. Fold in the nuts.
4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn it out from the pan and let it cool completely.
- The riper the bananas, the better. Don't puree the bananas, mash them instead with a fork without leaving any big chunk.
- You can replace honey with maple syrup. You may also swap butter with vegetable, grape seed, coconut, canola or avocado oil.
- The bread can be frozen for up to 2 months. Simply wrap the loaf or the bread slice individually with cling film.
In Same Category
No comment at this time!